Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Medicated and it Feels so Good

My "morning" sickness has recently taken a turn for the worse. For the past 4 days I've been averaging about 20 oz. of water and 1 meal every 48 hours and have been vomiting about every 2-3 hours that I'm awake. I was worried about getting too dehydrated so I called my doctor who immediately prescribed Zofran and about 15 minutes after taking it I drank an entire cup of water without feeling nauseous. I asked if Zofran is ok for the baby and the doctor reassured me that a lot of pregnant women use it without complications beyond headaches and fatigue (which I have anyway). He said that if I continued to be so dehydrated that it would definitely be bad for the baby so I am now taking medication for my nausea.

1 comment:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

That is the stuff that they give to a lot of cancer patience after cemo (sp). hope it works out for you