Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Opposite Problem

Before I ever got pregnant I vowed I would not be one of those pregnant women who whines about how fat they are. I think that's a poor way to show gratitude for the miracle of life. I did NOT vow to complain about not being fat enough. I wish I were bigger. I only have one pair of pants I can wear without a belt, my clothes don't fit right because they're too baggy in most spots. I am getting a little tummy, but it's not big enough for people to ask me how I'm feeling or hold the door for me. My online weekly pregnancy newsletter sent me an entire article about maternity clothes shopping. I can't wait to get some cute maternity clothes and have a baby bump, but right now it feels like it will never come. I should probably be grateful for my predicament, but I feel so pregnant that I want to look pregnant too. I expect this post will be brought up when I am 9 months pregnant and much larger and people will tell me: "Remember when you wanted to look bigger? Do you still feel that way?" To which I will probably respond that I stand by my wish for that point in my pregnancy. At least for now.

2 comments:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

I kind of had the same problem except I was feeling pregnant and wanted to look it and kind of did but too early on. I mean it wasn't baby it was just me being fat. I have started noticing that I don't fit into places like I used to, squeezing in between chairs at restaurants and stuff like that. That is when I start to beleive that I look pregant and not just fat.

4cutecrabs said...

Oh, the first pregnancy! To be there again...
I think the first time around you want to experience it all. Looking pregnant and getting into maternity clothes as soon as possible are big dreams. Enjoy it becuase from here on out you will be happy for your current predicament. The less you gain now, the less you have to lose later to fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes. :)