Wednesday, December 17, 2008

3 Years, Baby!

Today is Dennis' and my 3rd anniversary. Yesterday we "celebrated" the 4th anniversary of our first date. We didn't really do anything to celebrate the anniversary of our first date other than take a trip down memory lane, but it's interesting to note that we were married one year and one day after our first date. Please allow me another moment to reminisce about our first date. For your convenience I will put it in a seperate paragraph for easy skimming/skipping.

Dennis asked me out after he tried one of my famous home-made oreos (not a copyright infringement!), which I'd made for his roommates. His roommate James asked me if he married me, would I make cookies for him ever day and I said yes (and blushed a bit). Turns out it wasn't a marriage proposal, but word got back to Dennis that I would make cookies for my husband every day and he asked when I would be coming over again. Our first date was to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi and then we saw a movie in the theatre there. We saw "The Incredibles" and we were the only two people in the theatre (which would have been more...advantageous if it had not been our first date). Over Christmas break Dennis sent me an e-mail thanking me for our date. That was the first thing Dennis did that started to win me over. The rest is history.

It's amazing to see how far we've come in 3 years. When we first got married we were both students, working long hours to support ourselves through school, living on frozen burritos and peanut butter sandwiches. Now we both have jobs with benefits like 401K, health insurance, holiday pay, etc. We have built up our savings, we have a nice apartment, and now we're having a baby. I am so grateful for the past 3 years, which have been some of the happiest times of my life and I look forward to many more years spent together.

No comments: