Friday, May 15, 2009

Not one big post

I had originally planned to post a lot of information and pictures on one big post, but I still need to download the pictures of Benjamin's completed room and my ever-growing belly from my camera so for now I only have Benjamin's latest ultrasound pictures. Both are profile shots and the 2nd one has his little fist in it. So very sweet.

I went in for my appointment on Monday and the doctor said that they are going to do an amniocentesis on Wednesday. An amniocentesis involves the doctor drawing a bit of amniotic fluid (through a needle inserted in my stomach) and they will analyze the fluid to see if Benjamin's lungs are mature yet. I will get the results in about 1/2 hour. If his lungs are mature, I will be induced shortly thereafter. I was quite surprised to hear that in a week and a half I could be having a baby! It always seemed so far away and now I am thinking of all the things I need to get done. I told Dennis I would love to have a few days off of work to get things all set up and ready, at which point I promptly got the flu. I had two days off of work, but my biggest accomplishments were keeping down fluids and napping a lot. I am exhausted from the flu and now I feel even more behind in getting things ready. I guess even if I had everything ready I would still find more to do so I should just relax and let other people (like my mom) worry about it when they come to help with the baby. This has been a very busy week and I am excited for (hopefully) my last weekend without a baby.

3 comments:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

I wish I could come when you have the baby!! I am really looking forward to meeting that little man. I guess I will have to wait a few months. You better keep me posted on what is going on cause I always have my phone on my and would love to hear your progress.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Good luck!!!

Lindsey H. said...

So excited for you Rachel! Wish I could be there to meet your little guy and bring you a lovely Relief Society casserole. :)