Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting Chubby...

I realize I'M getting chubby (or just more pregnant), but apparently Benjamin is also beefing up. I had a doctors appointment today and they somehow determined that he weighs 4 pounds 13 ounces! He is in the 66% range for his age, which is still pretty good for the baby of a diabetic. He's supposed to gain about 1/2 pound a week until he's born, so my doctor told me that at 37 weeks if the baby's lungs are mature they will induce me either that day or the next, if I would like. If I've not all ready begun to dialate it may be more difficult to get things going when they try to induce me. If I choose to wait until 39 weeks that is fine too. I got the impression that 39 weeks is the longest they'll let me wait. Ben is about 1 week ahead of schedule so it's possible that one day in the end of May could be the big day!

2 comments:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

Your just getting chubby cause you spent the weekend in Idaho with mom and grandma around. JK. That is soo awesome that you will get to be induced. That is always the hardest part not knowing if you are in labor or not. And 37 weeks isn't that early. Taydom was born at 38 weeks.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Hey, it's been a while since you posted. How are things?