Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Little Athlete

Dennis wanted a baby boy so he'd have a sports partner and recent events indicate that Ben will be quite the little athlete. I had another ultrasound done yesterday and again Benjamin had his feet up by his head. I'm beginning to think that's his favorite position. He's so flexible! After the ultrasound on the way back to work, I felt the first kick that not only took my breath away but also hurt a little. Kicking like this at such a young age leads me to believe he will be good at soccer or football. (Or both!) Dennis and I decided that Ben could be a punter. This is an ideal position in football because there aren't a lot of serious injuries suffered by a punter, aside from pulled muscles. Also, a punter can play until he's much older than the rest of the team and he makes quite a good salary for only being on the field for a few plays per game. Of course we'll love Ben whether he's an NFL punter or a Nobel Prize-winning scientist or an artist or even a businessman who works 9-5 like most people. Dennis will be happy just having someone to watch the game with him.

No comments: