Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a BOY


We are very happy to announce that we're having a boy! Dennis is so excited to have a boy to watch/play sports with. He's informed me that I need to start watching more sports to expose the baby at an early age. (Just for the record: Dennis said he could "probably" love a girl too.) We are planning to name him Benjamin Michael Mecham. We'll probably call him Ben. Michael is my dad's name and Benjamin just came to me one day. We looked it up in our baby name book and it stuck out as a good decent name that is classic but not too popular. Dennis and I both like traditional names, which helped a lot in the naming process. A few people told me you can't totally know a baby's name until you see him, so we are keeping an open mind and welcome any suggestions, just don't be too offended if we don't use your ideas. Dennis' grandma Shaffer said she is very glad we are having a boy because "every little girl needs a big brother". When I was telling everybody that it was a boy the most common response was "I knew that". Dennis' mom had all ready started crocheting a blue baby blanket, my sister Stephanie answered the phone with "It's a boy, isn't it", and my sister Liz said she knew it would be a boy because she'd had a dream about it. As I've said before, I thought it was a boy, but hearing the ultrasound technician say it and seeing the pictures as proof was still one of the greatest moments of my life.



Showing off his muscles---------Feet up by his head

No comments: