Monday, January 12, 2009

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

I have started looking around for baby items I want to put on a registry for baby showers and relatives, and so far the only thing I can figure out is that baby things are expensive and I feel greedy putting those expensive things on my registry. I honestly hope that if somebody wants to buy me a baby swing or a stroller, that about 10 people all go in together to buy it. Another problem with a baby registry: different stores have different things I like. I can't find one store that has everything I like. I like a pattern for the stroller and carseat that is only available at Target (Safari Sun), but Target doesn't have a cheap crib set that Walmart does (green gingham). Also, I don't think Target has site-to-store shipping (free!) like Walmart does. Babies-R-Us has been a real disappointment so far with everything costing more and their selection doesn't suit my tastes. I may be creating my own registry, but for all of you wanting to buy me something for my baby shower or just because you love me please get me: diapers, wipes, onesies, washclothes, outfits. Useful (cheap) things.

2 comments:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

You could do an online registry (wishlistr, or TheThingsIWant). Then you can pick things from diff. stores, or just go ahead and register at multiple stores. I didn't get a single thing off mine though. Everybody pretty much gave us clothes. Though we also got some free second hand items (like a swing, bumble seat, etc.).

Kami said...

I feel the same way about expensive things ... I'm glad my in-laws gave us a Christmas present that was, "$$ towards stuff for the baby's room!"

Just so you know, if you still need anything after your baby shower, just let me know and I'll go out and get you stuff. :) (I would feel awkward if I bought you onesies and you got a million of them.) I'll try to remember to Facebook stalk you, but you know, sometimes you forget.

-Kamis